Because I am such a "studious" student (hah, maybe?), I have now managed to visit 10 different study locations this semester! Some I love....others, not so much. Here is my master list of study spots. Hopefully you'll be able to put it to good use in the upcoming exam season!
- Caribou (both Franklin St. locations): This is definitely one of my new favorites. Living so close to Franklin St. has been wonderful this semester, and Caribou has free coffee refills! The atmosphere is nice too because it's not super quiet (it's not really quiet at all...) but it's not obnoxiously loud either. I don't think I can count how many times I've camped out here this year.
- Davis Library: The thought of being in Davis all day is kind of depressing but it's a great place if you're looking for mostly quiet surroundings and a guaranteed afternoon/night of productivity. And hey, it's open until 2 a.m. again in case your brain still functions that late! Bringing friends usually makes it better.
- Starbucks (Franklin St. & South Campus): Starbucks tends to get a little crowded, but everything about their Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Peppermint Mochas (they're back!!!!) is wonderful.
- The Union: I really like the Union for those awkward hour breaks between classes. I tend to not get much done here because there are so many people, but the top floor is a little quieter and the atmosphere isn't as stressful as the library. Oh yeah, and there's coffee.
- Panera Bread: This is a fun, casual, not-too-serious study spot. Their coffee is great (always a plus) and not to mention the delicious treats you can eat while you're there!
- Chick-fil-A: Chloe and I have only done this once but it was awesome! Maybe I just love the food there, but isn't that reason enough to try it? You'll most likely become best friends with the people who work there, and if you sit near the bathrooms you can watch the cute little kids run in and out all day. This is definitely one of my new faves, but I'm also one of those people who could eat Chick-fil-A everyday.
- Barnes and Noble: B&N is one of my favorite places ever (mostly for not studying, but studying here is cool too). Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the bookstore or find a corner to sit and enjoy a good book. A major plus is that your study breaks can include walking around and making lists and lists of books you want to read! Mine is never-ending.
- Old East Library: Living on campus has its perks, specifically living in the Olds. Overlooking the famous Old Well, the Old East library is a cute little study spot that's particularly great because it's a quick 10 sec. walk back to my dorm. It's pretty cool being one of the "regulars" here and recognizing all of the other studious undergrads who tend to spend their nights there. We should form a club.
- Graham Memorial: It's getting to be that time of the year when the fireplaces are being lit and you can snuggle up on a couch with a good book (or a book from Davis...whatevs). I love doing work here. It's so cozy and pretty and there are outlets everywhere! (yay for my computer not having a battery!)
- The Trip: Studying in my room is usually a fail, so this is not really a place I would recommend. Amy and Dana can attest to the fact that my bed always wins. And after 10 p.m. with all 3 of us in the room is just plain insane. That's probably why I love them so much :)
LOVE, Kayla :)

No comments:
Post a Comment