November 25, 2011

blessed and oh so thankful | part three

The week is coming to a close, which means my concentration needs to increase and my procrastination needs to decrease. But one more post never hurt anyone, right?

My last two posts were very long and specific so I'm going to try and make this one a tad shorter and much more concise.

So here it goes. I'm thankful for...

North Carolina, this beautiful state I live in
my King's Domain family (just read any post I've written in the last 6 months) and the hour-long phone calls we often share. Who knew I would ever become a "phone-talker"?
UNC and all of it's tradition - what a privilege it is to study here
The Summit Church
The Gospel and the freedom it provides - "There is nothing I could ever do to make You love me more, and nothing I have done that can make You love me less."
movie nights with my family after finally deciding what to watch 
the ridiculous "questions of the week" that Amy always seems to come up with (some of our best/funniest conversations result from these!)
coffee and Port City Java (where I currently am...with my stack of library books next to me)
silly nights with my roommates
the ability to travel and to make a list of places to go and see that aren't completely out of the realm of possibility
my Route 56 kids and their smiles that greet me at the end of a long week
encouraging messages from my parents exactly when I need them
lunch dates with my Grandmother
being able to still act like I'm twelve and take crazy pictures with my sister and cousin
friends who will watch animated movies with me even when they know I'll probably cry (okay, that only happened one time)
living 2 minutes away from YoPo
my walk to work twice a week under a canopy of fall trees


Happy Thanksgiving, happy Fall, and happy studying! 

Love, Kayla

Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the LORD is good
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100




No comments:

Post a Comment