September 21, 2011

busyness

"But your value is not determined by what you produce. Your loveliness is not based on what you accomplish or how full your calendar is."


"A life of constant over-commitment is not a sign of success, or something to be bragged about. It is a sign of imbalance, a sign we have put our faith in the gospel of busyness instead of in a God who dares us to trust Him and be willing to rest."


These are just 2 of the many statements that stuck out to me in an article I read online from Relevant magazine called "The Pride of Busyness" by Mason Slater. (Thank you Kellie Voss!) I actually read this article during one of my many "study-breaks".....how ironic. In a world full of deadlines, schedules, to-do lists, exams, grades, jobs, clubs, and an infinite number of other things, it is so incredibly easy to find (or try to find) my worth in what I do. While working is something that was created by God and is meant for good, I think we tend to twist it to benefit ourselves.


What would my life look like if I remembered to take a step back from it all and just rest in God's goodness and trust in His perfect plan? 
It's all about Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment