![]() |
| *** |
At the start of each year, we tend to make resolutions and lists. January 1st marks the beginning, and for many, the chance to start over, hit the refresh button, and be the person we wish we had been during the last year. This time it's for real. I'm serious this time. All things I have said before and honestly, I have been finding myself saying it again this year.
Why do we say these things?
Something about those words just doesn't sit right with me.
![]() |
| *** |
In light of the New Year, I have chosen to not only make a list of goals, but I am choosing to also celebrate 2013. It certainly was a BIG and exciting year, and rather than thinking about all I wish I had done, I want to remember it as a time of fullness and blessing.
My life in 2013:
+ I landed a grown-up job!
+ I spent time with 3 kiddos who are more family than just another baby-sitting job.
+ I enjoyed spring break with my closest friends.
+ I ran a half-marathon.
+ I graduated from college.
+ I bought a car.
+ I moved to a new city.
+ I made new friends.
+ I visited 3 new cities (Tulsa, St. Louis, Indianapolis).
+ I started graduate school.
+ I started graduate school.
+ I taught high schoolers for a whole semester. (Whew!)
More importantly:
+ I learned to really value friends & family.
+ I learned how to say goodbye.
+ I learned to understand the importance of keeping in touch.
+ I started learning how to ask questions and how important it is to really understand/value grace.
+ I learned more and more about relying on God's purpose and plans: "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Proverbs 19:21
+ I realized (for the 100th time) that I am not perfect - but my God is perfect.
2013, you were too good to me.




No comments:
Post a Comment